Data backup service providers are seemingly everywhere, but do they all offer Managed Data Backup solutions? It’s easy to offer a low-cost, pennies on the gigabyte service, but expect to pay much more in the long run.
Managed Data Backup is a full-service solution designed to impact cost, time, efficiency and reliability. Below are five reasons why a business should choose a Managed Data Backup service.
- There is an on-site layer of backup. It starts with a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device on-site designed to save time when retrieving large data. A cloud-based service alone is only as fast as the internet speed. Without a NAS, it could take hours to retrieve large important files versus minutes.
- The second layer of backup is an off-site cloud copy. Data is stored on a cloud server at a secure private data center.
- Access to a knowledgeable data protection specialist and a team of technicians available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for support. Multiple heads are always better than one!
- Reporting is conducted on a daily basis confirming backup has been completed. In addition, quarterly test restores are completed to ensure your data can be fully restored in the case of a triggering event.
- Managed data backup is cost comparable when hardware, software and support are factored into the decision-making process. Data backup service alone is a cloud service backup (NAS not included), toll-free support line, and manual reporting.
If low-cost is the only concern, there are many self-service data backup providers to choose from. When considering a data backup service, do not take the decision lightly. The loss of valuable data can be crippling to catastrophic to an organization.